This Giveaway is now Closed! The winner was chosen using Random.org. Congratulations Tannis Bence! TB said: “I liked Two Sisters Gluten Free and GFree Connect on Facebook! I’d love to try everything, in particular EcoPlanet and Namaste Foods!” – We are so excited for you to receive your box! Please report back to us how you like it and what your favorite product was!
Okay, this isn’t really a review, because I haven’t gotten my box yet, more of an informative post to let you know about this company and their awesome idea!
So – what is GFree Connect, and who started this company? Well, the couple who started this company have a daughter who was diagnosed as celiac, and they immediately started getting her all the different products she was used to, only now in gluten free form. It didn’t take them long to realize how expensive it was to substitute one-for-one gluten free products for “normal” gluten-containing products. And then what happens when you spend $6 on a loaf of bread or a pack of cookies only to find out that it doesn’t taste so great, or the texture is off, or you just don’t care for it. That is a lot of money going down the drain.
So – they came up with the idea for GFree Connect – they are connecting us, the gluten free folks of the world, with GF Companies to provide us with samples of their products so we can figure out what products we actually like without breaking the bank. We get to try the items before we buy a full-size, full-price item, and actually see what we like. How’s that for a great idea! And talk about savings for us!
Great idea you say, but really, how does it work? I’ll let GFree Connect do the talking on this one: “Every three months, GFree Connect will send a gluten-free product “care package” called our GFree Connect Care Pack sent to your home. Each package will include approximately 25 or more gluten free items to sample, plus valuable coupons – some for free or heavily discounted items, professional/ organization information like celiac centers, health care professionals, support groups, and more. Each quarterly care package will contain different items, so you will enjoy tasting different foods sent directly to your home every three months.”
Of course, they can’t provide this for free, so how much is it, you may ask? Well, right now they have an introductory special going on, where your first two boxes are only $30, after that, it’s still only $40! And that is for over $120 worth of products and coupons. Sounds pretty great to me! I can’t wait to get my first package.
And if you need more convincing (as if!), check out all these great companies who are included in the first mailing:
- Amy’s Kitchen; Annie’s Homegrown; Applegate Farms; Attune Foods; Barbara’s Bakery; Bumble Bar; Can Do Kid, Inc.; Chebe; Crunchmaster; EcoPlanet; Edward & Sons; Ener-G; Enjoy Life; Foods Alive; Food Should Taste Good; The Gluten Free Bar; Glutino; Ian’s Natural Foods; Joan’s GF Great Bakes; Jovial Foods, Inc.; Justin’s Nut Butter; Katz Gluten Free Baker; Kettle Cuisine; Lundberg; Majan’s; Mi-Del; Namaste Foods; One Source Nutrition; Organicville; PureFit; Riega Foods, LLC; Rudi’s; San-J; Shabtai Gourmet; Snyder’s of Hanover; Tru Sweets
So – head on over to the GFree Connect website and sign up today! And, if you want a chance to win your own GF care package, keep reading for details!
GFree Connect has been awesome, and has generously agreed to give one of you, our readers, their very own care package. So, if you want to be the lucky winner, head on down and leave a comment. There are a few ways you can enter to win… Do any or all of the following, and leave a comment for each entry letting us know which you’ve completed!
- Leave a comment letting us know what company you would like to try a sample product of (from the above or any other company you know of!)
- Like Two Sisters Gluten Free on Facebook
- Subscribe to Two Sisters Gluten Free Blog
- Life GFree Connect on Facebook
- Follow GFree Connect on Twitter (@Gfreeconnect)
- Share about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook.
Wow – That’s 6 possible entries! Make sure to leave a separate comment for each one! This giveaway will be open until midnight on Monday, May 23, 2011!