1. Sugar can suppress the immune system.
2. Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
3. Sugar can weaken eyesight.
4. Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
5. Sugar can cause a rapid rise of adrenaline levels in children.
6. Sugar contributes to obesity.
7. Sugar can cause arthritis.
8. Sugar can cause heart disease and emphysema.
9. Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
10. Sugar can increase cholesterol.
11. Sugar can lead to both prostrate cancer and ovarian cancer.
12. Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
13. Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease.
14. Sugar can make our skin age by changing the structure of collagen.
15. Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
16. Sugar can increase the body’s fluid retention.
17. Sugar can cause headaches, including migraines.
18. Sugar can cause depression.
19. Sugar can contribute to Alzheimer’s disease.
20. In intensive care units, limiting sugar saves lives.
adapted from 146 Reasons Why Sugar Is Ruining Your Health by Nancy Appleton, Ph.D.
Here is a great post on Sugar’s Affect on the Body by Finally Healing
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sugar – The Many Different Kinds of Sugar – The Small Footprint Family